When I think about friends that dared taking risks opening their own buissnes, taking jobs abroad, studying for years, I've always thought that I chose a good and safe path. Sometimes I wondered how people can take such risks. How do they dare? Putting everything they got on the line or studying for years and years with great cost and lack of income. Offcourse education almost always pays off in the end but I thought I chose the most safe way. Look at me now. After almost eight years at the same company it seems I'm the one that has been taking a risk. Why didn't I dare doing what I wanted to do all those years ago? The comfort of a steady income? Demotivation at life in general? My eagerness to get everything I wanted now right away? Probably a bit of each of those and some additional factors I haven't even thought about.
How is it that Volvo, who themselfs has been saying they're like the king of trucks for the last couple of years, has decommissioned a larger workforce then other alike companies? One year ago Volvo was unbeatable! Gained procentage on all markets, bought Nissan Diesel, owned like half of Scania, Bought Mack in USA. Now we're worse off then our german and dutch friends for example. Howcome? Now when I myself am a victom of the downsizing I really see that there's something wrong with this picture. Many say "Hey why doesn't our government save us" but to be fair the leaders of our company have failed. Huge ammounts of money has been handed out to the shaireholders by the leaders. Money that could have funded education for the workforce or investment in new facilities and such. Money that could have made the company so much stronger when the economy starts to come around and would also save a load of people from unemployment. Usually in the buissnesworld when leaders fail, they resign or kill themselfs but our leaders want to raise their salery. They want to do this to stop the competent people from leaving our company to join others who pay more. Competent? In wich way? Increasing a companys worth or handing out money to the shaireholders? It's first now when I myself become a victom of the modern day financial world that I realize the extreme injustice that occurs even here in our safe little comfortable country of Sweden.
No matter the outcome of this, I'm very dissapointed at our leaders who failed so hard and it pains me that I actually did my best for them for almost eight years, really caring and working with really high morale and giving it a bit extra just because I though our leaders cared about us.
Well for now I somehow must cling on to what little positivity I still posess. Cheer up! At least the weather is... at least my lovelife is... at least my health is... at least... well fuckit at least we got internet!
Nu kom Ipred, så snart har vi nog inte ens internet kvar... ;)
ReplyDelete