Long ago I decided to donate my organs in case of unplanned death. Today I finally listed myself as donator. Was quite easy actually but I've just never got around to it before. It's a good thing I haven't died yet! Imagine perfectly good organs being thrown away. If I get hit by a truck or airplane now, I bet the last thing going trough my mind will be "hahaa! at least someone will get a piece of me now!"
I don't quite understand why everybody aren't automatically listed and if you wish not to be you apply to be excluded. I mean what does it matter? You're dead. For those who belive we need our organs for our afterlife I'll just say that I feel sorry for old Charlie who was a helpful, generous, kind chap who'll get to heaven for sure (or get reborn as an eagle or whatever your beliefs are) but got his head blown to pieces by a bankrobber. He'll now spend an eternity (very long time) in heaven without a head :( He'll be called "Headless Charlie" and kids will make fun of him.
I mean come on. If you belive in afterlife you probably belive that your soul wanders on, and why would your soul need your legs or head? It doesn't make sense. No matter what you belive. It's just blind egoism and malevolence. I don't belive that you get to hell if you've lost your legs and I certainly don't belive there's wheelchairs in heaven.
Having that said, if you want to become a donator in Sweden just enter www.livsviktigt.se and click away.
First blogpost complete. Oh my God it's started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You just nailed it! Time to get signed up!
ReplyDelete